Diary of Phyllis Bethel of Topsham Devon

An account of her travels with her husband and her daughter Marion from Wiesbaden in Germany and the Second World war in Topsham Devon as written in her diaries between 1929 and 1953.

11th April 1941

Sirens from 10 - 2.30am Did not get to sleep until 3.00am planes roared non stop over Topsham. Read two first chapters of my story to the family. Marion rolled with laughter, about Miss Natt and the cat. I take her as a judge of what I write as it is to be a children's story. After we went to bed, she told me I had better not make the boy older than thirteen, for she did not think I could manage him otherwise. She thought I knew more about girls than I did about boy. Today Good Friday a flock of sheep went past our window, they stretched from our house all the way down the road to the cottages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home