Diary of Phyllis Bethel of Topsham Devon

An account of her travels with her husband and her daughter Marion from Wiesbaden in Germany and the Second World war in Topsham Devon as written in her diaries between 1929 and 1953.

14th January 1935


Marion improving in drawing, becomes keener than ever about it. Draws large heads now. She loves playing Cinderella, etc. with me. Today Marion drew on her white stockings and combies with pencil and told her first fib about it. In evening when I found she had not told me all, I would have nothing to do with her, saying she made me unhappy. She at once burst into tears and begged me to be friends. At length, upon her saying she was sorry and promising never to tell a story again, I forgave her and she hugged and kissed me many times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home